Date of Event:
Institute for Peace and Dialogue, IPD
International Winters Academy in
Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Security and Intercultural Dialogue
15 - 25 February, 2016
(with research period duration is till the 14 May, 2016)
After implementation several summer academies now Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD is very glad to announce 1 st International Winter Academy in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Intercultural Dialogue and Security, which is going to be held in Baar one of the beautiful place of Switzerland. Its image as one of the most favourable places for traveling has made it more interesting to offer an exited and comprehensive program for our participants. Our experts, who are professionals in their fields, will contribute to this event with many years of experience in peace, mediation and conflict studies.
Participants of the Winter Academy also could choose to stay in Switzerland for research period till the 14 May, 2016. Besides the research and writing assignment, there will be also visit to the Swiss Institutes to closely acquaintance with them activities.
The main goal of the Winter Academy is to strengthen the skills of the representatives of state organs, business sector, INGOs, education institutes and independent mediators through institutional global academic education in peacebuilding, mediation, conflict resolution, security and intercultural dialogue.
Within the International Winter Academies we plan to include different workshops, lectures, presentations, interactive group works, brainstorming on conflict places, mediation operations and peace negotiation activities as well as case studies on ongoing-fragile conflicts in the world.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills from lecturers/experts who are working on peace building, mediation, security, conflict transformation, intercultural dialogue and non-violence and other corresponding fields at the state organs, companies, universities, INGOs and research centers. During the training, both visual and dynamic methods will be used, such as schedules, tests, surveys, direct interviews, distribution of questionnaires and other methods of observation. Every expert will take 1 or 1 days for his/her lecture and workshops. We will send in advance to the selected participants the educational materials and daily program of the winter academy.
Besides the academic-educational side a cultural programs in the arriving (Welcome Party) and departure days (Farewell Party) is planned to bring friendly atmosphere and environment between the participants.
There are no age or country limits for the participation. A broad range of interested participants can apply for the International Winter Academies in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Security and Intercultural Dialogue such as:
- Representatives of Government Organs, Diplomatic Organs, Courts and Political Parties: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts between states, between civil society leaders, political party leaders and between government-civil society institutions.
- Representatives of Business Institutes and Private Sector: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts with potential clients, with business partners, between employers and between employer-leadership.
- Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts in conflict region and fields between conflict parties, civil society and political party leaders.
- Representatives of Universities and Academic Staff: To get knowledge on how to develop teaching, study and research methodologies.
- Representatives of Media Institution: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts in conflict region and fields.
- Mediators, peacebuilders, researchers and any interested people who want to develop their academic knowledge and capacities in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution and Intercultural Dialogue, who have intention to work as mediator, who wants to join missions in conflict regions, who wants to investigate academically and who work or live in countries/society with ongoing tensions and stress.
Participation Procedure Step by Step:
1. Submitting filled application in WORD format, CV + scanned passport page
2. Participant will receive Invoice to start the payment of the requested participation fee amount
3. When the paid fee transferred to the mentioned bank account the participant will receive the unconditional letter via email and if there have visa application process we will send by post and also to the relevant embassy by fax.
Requested below stated documents for participation have to be sent till the 20 November, 2015 to the email email@example.com. Please send your application in WORD format include your CV, Passport Page (Only photo page) and name your documents as “NAME” “SURNAME” “COUNTRY” “DOCUMENTS NAME”
Participation fee is 2200EUR to stay in a Double Room (Room for 2 participants) or 2450EUR to stay in a Single Room (Room only for 1 participant). The fee amount will be low for Alumni of the previous Winter Academies of IPD.
If the participants wish to join winter academy and also to stay till the 14 May, 2016 for research and prepare assignment (maximum 10 pages) on one of the topics of the winter academy the participation fee is:
I Choice: 6700EUR which includes all the expenses of winter academy and Double room accommodation during the research period
II Choice: 7700EUR which includes all the expenses of winter academy and Single room accommodation during the research period